"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It's a Good Day

 It's always a good day when you receive a sweet package in the mail - wrapped up with ribbon and everything.

It's even sweeter when you unwrap the package to find a beautiful assortment of fat quarters!  This is a bundle I won from The Intrepid Thread through Maureen Cracknell Handmade.  I love this color palette And I already know what I'm going to make.
  
 A Lil' Twister quilt!  I love that quilt pattern.  I wanted to make my daughter a quilt from that method, but she doesn't care for it, *gasp* - I didn't think there was anyone out there that didn't like that pattern!  So, winning this set of fat quarters gives me the perfect excuse to try out that ruler :)  I think the color combo will be perfect for that quilt.  I might even add in a little more black, as there is one fabric with black circles, and I think it would be nice to even it out a bit or else it might stick out too much.  There are three oranges, three turquoises and two grey and one grey with black.  I'm thinking I will add another grey and two more black/whites. 

I believe I told you about the wishing well contest our local bank had at Christmas time to encourage people to shop locally in our little town.  We put our local receipts into a wishing well in the bank and they drew several winners, who were then awarded a bank check made out to the winner and the business the receipt was from - so you could spend the identical amount as the receipt you won with at that same store.  I won a $65 check to our local quilt shop in that drawing.  I don't think I ever blogged about it, but I used some of that credit to buy special rulers and notions I'd had my eye on, as well as a new quilt pattern to go along with one of the specialty rulers.  The Lil Twister ruler was one of the things I bought.  I still have about $20 credit at the quilt shop because there wasn't anything else I felt like I had to have, and I wanted to keep a credit so I could spend money there when I wanted to :)  So maybe I'll try to rush down there after the daycare kids leave today and see what fabrics they have in blacks and greys.  I seriously need to do some sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment