"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Breakfast is a Circus at My House

 I found the coolest waffle maker ever at the Family Dollar.

It makes waffles in the shape of lions, elephants and giraffes.  (Pardon the blurry pictures).

 I was skeptical that they would come out as neatly as pictured.

But they did.  I had to trim a little of the overflow off, but they popped right out without a problem.  The most challenging thing was making sure to pour batter right into the trunk, tail and legs - all the skinny areas.  I mixed my batter in a measuring bowl with a pour spout, so that helped.

Pretty cute :)

 Our six year old is obsessed with waffles. It's all he will eat for breakfast. (That, and a piece of fruit. He had already devoured the banana when I took this picture.)  So when I found this waffle maker, I knew it would be a big hit.

So if you're trying to solve the age old question of how a person could eat a whole elephant, here's a simple answer for you :)

These sure are a lot of fun. Even the ten year old asked for waffles this morning.  I might have to buy a second one so I can make allergy free ones for him.  I'll have to see if I can find a recipe that would work though....

No comments:

Post a Comment