"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Friday, August 15, 2014

Cutting Birds and Tape Mustachios

Boy have I been slacking on the blog.  Sorry about that.  We really have been up to a lot.  We had a week of Vacation Bible School at our church and it totally wiped me out and took every bit of free time I had.  So, here's some of what we've been up to, aside from VBS, which I didn't get many pictures of...

 I don't remember which day it was, but one morning, the five year old told me he wanted to cut out birds.  So I drew a couple and we cut them out.  He did all his own cutting on the one that looks like it's flying (I cut the one that looks like a sad little duck).  Neither were my best drawings - ha.  It was a quick, spur of the moment project.  After he cut his out, he decided we needed strings.

Then the boys flew the birds around the house and played with them for a long time.


 I did find them in some strange places later...


 The three year old cut the head off his bird.  I thought he was just liking to cut (since I cut his out for him, I figured he wanted in on the action.)  But when he had successfully decapitated his bird, he told me, "He's dead."

 Then the five year old decided he wanted to make a kite.  I was trying to figure out how to accurately cut out a kite shape, and he grabbed the paper and scissors and snipped off one edge perfectly.  I hadn't decided yet how I was going to do it, and he was done.  He wanted to draw a design on his kite too.

 Of course this project required more string...


Here's what he drew on it.  It's kind of abstract, but the shape that is tallest, on the left side is a guy - like a giant, very accurate head (complete with mustache if you look carefully) and hair, eye, and nose - kind of a profile, then long legs coming off his chin.  To the right is a ladder, going up to a nest with eggs in it.  But it's like those hidden 3D images.  You might have to stare at it awhile to find all that in it.  But that's what he told me it is, and I can see it now that he's pointed it out (and when you do eventually see it, it's pretty impressive).

 Mustaches have been quite popular around here lately.  He calls them mustachios, and used to confuse them with pistachios.

 He actually went out in public this way - to a few stores and around town, and he left it on the whole time.

 One of our stops was at the thrift store, where we found this fun dog bean bag.


 Keeping with the mustache theme, the five year old drew this.  I asked him what it was, and he told me it's Santa with his mustache being held up by balloons.  Pretty creative and hysterical, especially when you consider that we don't even do Santa here.

 My favorite mustachioed men ;)


 I just love the look on the three year old's face in this one.

And this one.  He wanted his mustache to match Daddy's.  I tried to get a good picture of them together, but his hand blocked Daddy's mustache.  Still cute though.  The ten year old missed out on all the tape mustache fun because he was at Bible camp that week.  I'm sure some of the stuff he did was equally as silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment