"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Friday, January 24, 2014

Pizza Pie

 I saw a recipe somewhere online for a tasty looking pizza pie (sorry, I'm terrible about not noting where I find these things). So I figured I'd give it a shot.  I didn't really follow their recipe anyway - theirs called for pie crust, but I just used bisquick and mixed in a small amount of water, a little Italian seasoning, and rolled it out like crust - one for the bottom and one for the top.

I added sausage (cooked of course), and everything I might otherwise put on a pizza - mushrooms, onions, black olives, pepperoni. I was out of peppers or they would have gone in there too.  The pepperoni is on top because our nine year old says he doesn't like it, so this way it was easy to see which section was his.  (He says that, but then the next day wanted to make a grilled cheese using pepperoni and mozzerella. yeah.)  Next time the pepperoni is going inside the crust.  I didn't care for how it dried up and fell off the top.

I added a can of tomatoes (I think I used whole tomatoes, but anything would work) and sprinkled in some oregano and Italian seasoning.  The recipe called for mozzerella and cream cheese, blended together, and if I had read it more carefully I was supposed to mix it in with the hot sausage to make it melt together.  I didn't read it carefully though.  I thought it was fine this way, but I could see that it would be much better all mixed in.

 For the allergic 2 year old, I made rice pasta and mixed the meat and veggies in with that.  Basically he just didn't get the crust or the cheeses.  It was actually a really easy recipe to adapt.

I had to include this.  The next morning he had gluten free banana muffins and his "don't-even-think-about-leaving-out-the-banana" breakfast.  The banana muffins were made by his sister back when she was here for Christmas break.  I froze a bunch of them, and he's been slowly enjoying them ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment