"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Random Day

 Venus, anyone?  I had a lovely view of the moon and Venus when I got up to listen to chapel this morning.  I always watch Ambassador Baptist College's chapel messages via live streaming online. My husband is a graduate and I love the daily encouragement and challenge.  They come on early here - 7 am.  Their chapel is at 9 am eastern time.  That's one of the reasons I'm always up for the sunrise.  Anyway, this morning I had a great view of the moon and Venus.  I tried to get a picture with the sunrise underneath it, but it didn't come out well thanks to the screen on our windows.  Surprisingly, the zoomed in version did and you can hardly tell this was taken through the window screen.

 Those of you who know me well will not be surprised to see that I did pick up a blue and a purple book to make my rainbow complete - ha.  I have to say it was a real challenge to find any purple books.

The only one - literally - that I found was Fly Away by Kristin Hannah.  I probably won't read it.  I read the one that came before this one - Firefly Lane - for one of my four book clubs and was less than impressed.  I was actually pretty irritated by that book, and this is a continuation of the story.  I may read it because I could finish it in a day, but I will be surprised if I do.  For now though, it fulfills the "purple" category - ha.  Yes, I'm a bit obsessive.

 I did some mending yesterday - I had a surprising number of stuffed monkeys to fix.  This one needed his arms re-attached.  I'm guessing you can see why this one's arms get a good workout.

Another one that was shaped like a ball needed his tail reattached, and a little one similar to the big one he's wearing needed a foot sewn back on.  Monkeys have it rough around here.  I also mended a dress for my daughter, a shirt and three sleepers. I still have two coats that need buttons sewn back on, and one that needs a new zipper.  Sounds like a good excuse to get back to sewing again.  I'm also thinking I need to get my hand-sewn hexagon project back out to work on during chapel.  I had planned to start walking on the treadmill during chapel hour, but I often have a child who has joined me overnight and is still sleeping in my room (near the treadmill) so that hasn't worked out so far.  I'm having a hard time fitting treadmill time into my schedule...

I also wanted to mention a video I watched today about autism.  It was very informative.  Our library had it and I learned a lot through watching it ... things I hadn't considered before. I highly recommend it.  It seems to be a very balanced presentation of what autism is and the different views around it.  It gave me a lot to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment