"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Saturday

Early fall snow doesn't stick around long. Poor snowman. Actually there's a funny story behind this. The 7 year old had worked all morning shoveling the sidewalk and our neighbor's driveway, then building a small snowman. I was nursing the baby when he told me to come see it, so by the time I got out there, it was a little slushy. I tried to get a picture of it, but he had to "fix just one thing" and the head fell off.

See the splattered snow to the left of the body? Well, if you look right next to his hand in the picture, you will see what is in the close-up of the first picture - a little snowman face. It landed that way when the head fell off. We thought that was pretty funny.

He rebuilt it so I could get a picture of it ;) Anyway, the snow really did stay around for more than a day, it was just that there was a lot of water run-off from the roof in this snow, so it was mushier than the stuff in the back yard. Anyway, he had a good time with it ;)

Saturday we went to a yard sale that was held inside a large, heated shed. I found this diaper bag there. At least I think that was what it was intended to be. If not, oh well. That's what it is now (I should say "for now." I'm sure I will use it for other things too). I love large bags, and I love this lime green color.

I also picked up this baby sling. It's not the typical lose-the-baby-in-the-bottom-of-a-sack kind of sling. It's more like a papoose carrier.

See, It has drawstring sides and an easily adjustable, yet still secure strap. Now to see if he likes riding in a sling... I also picked up a whole pile of good baby socks - the kind that actually stay on the feet - the kind I can't seem to find in a store anymore. It was a good sale.

While my husband and I went to the yard sale (he enjoys them too ;) our boys hung out with the 20 year old. We got back to find them engrossed in Robin Hood. We don't watch a lot of movies, and literally no television, so this was a treat for them.

Saturday's mail was good too. I finally received my winnings from the We Love French Knots give away. That was the first thing I had ever won. I thought it was taking a long time to arrive (the give-away was at the end of August) and had about given up on it. But then it arrived all the way from - Australia! The package shipped directly from the sponsor, and took awhile to get to America. But now I have some new threads and trims to try out. I'm going to have to come up with a project for these. I'm seriously considering opening an etsy shop and selling some embroidery patterns, so this has gotten my creative juices flowing ;)


Awhile back I also received my second win - a $25 gift card from Renee at Living Laughing and Loving. And now, I'm *patiently* - um, er, maybe anxiously would be a better adjective - awaiting my third win - a Sullivan's Edge ruler. This winning stuff can get addictive ;)

Now here's a project my daughter completed at the end of August - a car seat cover for my niece. This is the third one of these we've made - one for us, one for the niece, and one for someone who saw mine and wanted one for her sister. My daughter made this one all on her own. She's a pretty handy seamstress ;) even if she won't admit that she likes to sew.

The car seat cover is pink on the outside, blue on the inside, both fabrics from the Dilly Dally line. Isn't the niece just the cutest bundle of pink you've ever seen? I get to go see her again this week. My 20 year old is transferring to Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne, Wyoming, which is reasonably close to my mom and sister and her family in Colorado, so I'm going to help him cart all his stuff down there, and then go spend some time with them. I'm looking forward to it, and hoping we don't see any more white stuff until I get back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment