"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Waiting Game


Well, I really did finish an entire shirt over the weekend, but you'll have to take my word for it for now. My son took pictures of me wearing it last night ... around 1 am. You can guess how wonderful those pictures turned out. Hence, no picture for now. Instead, I leave you with quilt scraps. Can't reveal the details of this girly quilt yet because it's part of a surprise gift and no, we are not expecting.

I did very little sewing today or else that quilt top would be done. I had to check out of the hotel by noon, so now I'm sitting at a Barnes and Noble, waiting for my son to be finished with Reserve duty so we can make the 4 hour drive home.

I have to mention the place I had lunch yesterday. I was without a vehicle, so I walked to the restaurant next to our hotel - Famous Dave's Barbecue. I had an incredible loaded potato with brisket on it. Now that's the way to eat a potato! The funniest thing though was that all the workers were wearing shirts with different slogans on the back. The hostess' shirt said, "Welcome to hog heaven" some of the waiters shirts said things like, "pig in or pig out", "you'll squeal for more" and my personal favorite, "a rib a day keeps the vegans away". Aren't those great? Then there's the barbecue sauce. If you want the hottest one, it's called "devil's spit." Yum. Really it wasn't bad. I did have to try it. You know, how can you have a bottle of devil's spit on your table, and not at least taste it? Personally, I preferred the Georgia mustard over all the sauces.

No comments:

Post a Comment