"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Friday, December 9, 2011

5 Months!

So I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I had 5 month pictures to post.  Well, here they finally are.  He was five months on the 1st, so I'm a bit behind, but better late than never, right?

 
Most of the pictures were actually taken on the second.  This one above was taken on his actual five month birthday, but you can see the sort of attitude he was in. All he would do was scowl and scream.  He really just wanted to be snuggled all day, or sleep, and when he wasn't doing that, he just wasn't in the mood for pictures. That's pretty unusual for him.  He's a very happy-go-lucky little guy, and is usually just full of smiles.

  I'm so glad I came across the idea of taking a picture each month with a sign.  I can't believe how much he changes each month.  I know I say that every month, but it really is amazing.  He now rolls over all over the place, and can scoot a bit.  He hasn't quite figured out how to get his legs under him to get up to crawl, but he's getting close.  He's getting a lot more hair too, but it's hard to see since it's so blonde.

 He's all full of smiles, and likes to coo and "talk" to us.  He's just sure we understand him.  It's so cute.  He'll flap his arms and wave to me to get my attention.  He's all about Mama right now.  If I'm in the room, he won't look at anything else.

 He's very alert and watches everything around him.

 It really wasn't warm enough for him to be without pants - what with it being December in Wyoming! - but I couldn't resist getting full pictures of this outfit.  As soon as the photo shoot was over we put pants back on and a blanket over him too.  It's been very cold here - well below zero for awhile there.  Now we're back to single digits, so it's somewhat improved.

 I get a lot of this tongue sticking out at me.  Can you tell I was off to the side?  I had to have my daughter take the pictures because he wouldn't smile for anyone but me, and didn't like when he could see the camera, but not me.  Tricky.

 He sits up pretty well on his own now - but only leaning on something (although in this picture he's about to tip over).

 He's still sucking on his fingers too.  Sometimes all of them, sometimes just one.  He has even found his thumb on a couple of occasions, but definitely still prefers the first two fingers, and almost always just sucks his left hand.  The eczema is improving, but you can see in the picture it's still a pretty big problem.  This week (almost 2 weeks after these pictures) it seems pretty clear.  We've just been bathing him a lot and slathering him in lotion.  Occasionally we use hydrocortozone cream too, but the pediatrician advised us not to use it too much, so we've tried to be careful with that.  We have a doctor's appointment this coming week, so we'll see what he advises then.  I've considered taking him to a dermatologist, but I'm hoping this latest clearing up will continue and we won't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment