"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Soooo Behind in My Posting..

 This little guy was 8 months old on the first.  Time sure is flying.  I took these pictures on the actual day, meaning to get them posted, but life intervened.  I took a picture of my jam-packed dry erase calendar at the end of February, thinking I would show you how crazy our lives are... but then decided there was too much personal info on it, so I won't be posting it.  Suffice it to say, we're crazy busy.
 Anyway, this little man sits up on his own now.  He's getting more independent.  He plays and entertains himself fairly well.  Can you tell he was super tired when we did this little photo shoot?  I should have taken more photos later, but didn't get it done.
His skin is much more clear now.  He eats like a horse and is gaining lots of weight.  I think they're going to be surprised and impressed when we get our checkup this month.  He's doing really well.
 I finally got started on my daughter's quilt.  I'm using this pattern from Cluck Cluck Sew.  It's called Kaleidoscope, and I think it will be really cool when it's done.  I managed to get all the pieces traced onto my Fiona's Fancy fabrics, and am working on cutting them all out now.  I still have to trace and cut out the connecting pieces, so I've really only traced about half of my pieces, but it's coming along at least.
 Of course I had my little helpers supervising.  The baby sits in his Bumbo seat and watches me work.  He likes to be nearby.  And the three year old likes to be near the baby - especially when I have a camera out :)
I'm using this fabric collection for this quilt.  It's called Fiona's Fancy, and I won this set of fat quarters last year from a blog giveaway.  I have to say that when I first saw them, I wasn't thrilled.  They are WAY outside my comfort zone.  But my daughter loved them, and so I figured this was destined for her quilt.  As I've been working with it, I've actually started to really like it.  I like that it contains pink but isn't overwhelmingly pink.  I think it will be a beautiful quilt when it's all finished.
 This is the beginning of another project I've been working on.  You'll have to wait to see what it is ... aah ... suspense.  I'm also making really good progress on the church nursery project, but I'm waiting to show you the big reveal when it's all finished.
 What is it about boys and forts?  They're always wanting to hide out or play under the blankets.  I guess maybe it's not just boys.  I remember doing this when I was young too.
 Looks like a trio of troublemakers, don't you think?
 Here's a wider view of the fort.  They used the piano bench as the base.
 We've had some crazy windy days around here lately.  It's not usually so windy here, but it's been terrible this month - and cold too.

No comments:

Post a Comment