"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Monday, December 3, 2012

A Very Bad Storm and A Beautiful Sunrise



 After lunch Sunday, I headed out to Jackson Hole to get groceries and do some Christmas shopping at the Dollar Store.  Okay, that makes me sound cheap.  But I was buying filler stuff because we're not spending anywhere near what we normally do this year.  Everything else will be ordered or bought locally.  On the way to Jackson, I ran into snow.  It's hard to tell from this picture, but it was actually snowing pretty bad and getting slushy on the road.  I knew it would be slick on the way home, but I had no idea how bad it would be.  It rained hard all day in Jackson, and when I headed home, I ran into the snow again, as I entered the Hoback Canyon - which is a very winding road.  The farther I drove, the worse the snow and slush got.  I was focusing on driving and didn't get a chance to snap a picture.  So you'll have to believe me that it was bad.  And the car doesn't handle all that well on the snow.  I kept getting sucked sideways in the slush, and I had to drive 35 the whole way back.  We have a steep section along that road, known locally as "The Rim" and I was spinning my tires all the way up the pass ... and barely moving.  Needless to say I was glad to get home.  I ended up going straight to church in order to make it in time.  After church, the blizzard hit town, and we were plastered with snow while we unloaded the car.  Oh well.  We're well stocked up now!  And I was glad to get home safely :)

This morning we had the most beautiful sunrise.  I'm sure you're probably sick of sunrise and sunset pictures, but I love them.  I just can't help myself.  These were all taken this morning....


These show you what a pretty town we live in ... right in the mountains :)






No comments:

Post a Comment