"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Beauty of Autumn in My Neighborhood :)

Just a few pictures to provoke jealousy - ha.  These were all taken on Tuesday.




 We have a lot more oranges and reds this year than it seems like we normally have.  It could just be me though.

 I liked the way the light was coming through this one.

 There's a scenic overlook where you can see the whole mountain range - and a sign showing the names of each peak.  It's a long way out there, and a very long, steep way down.  The pictures don't do it justice.



 This range of mountains are the ones I post pictures of from our house.  This is just a lot higher up and closer to the peaks.

 Very steep drop off.  Just look at the trees.





 The largest lake in this picture is the same as the first two pictures in this post.  If you look clear to the far end of the lake, that's where I took those pictures from.  So in this picture, the mountain range is behind me.





Such beautiful colors!  I love Fall!!  Of course the pictures don't even come close to doing it justice.  It's breathtaking in person.

2 comments:

  1. Beyond words! The splendor of the Lord's handiwork! We are heading up to my husband's home in east Tennessee. We will be in the Smokies for the weekend. Our leaves aren't quite as dramatic yet. I hope to get some pics. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year conditions have been perfect for the bright colors. We are so blessed. Be safe and have fun on your trip. We enjoyed visiting the Gatlinburg area several times when we lived out there. If I remember right, the fall colors out there were usually the best around the second week of October.

    ReplyDelete