"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Early Morning Productivity

My wonderful husband of 14 years ~today~ had to go to work early this morning, so we were up at 5 am. Wouldn't you know that the day I I actually had time to go back to bed and sleep a little more before all the kidlets arrive, I wasn't a bit sleepy. So rather than lay in bed for no reason I figured I'd be productive. I went out to my newly organized sewing area and enjoyed the silence :) I got two and a half more pairs of shorts made for the little man. I would have finished all three, but I think I broke my machine that does the zigzag stitch. I will have to take it to get it repaired. Anyway, at least he has these two.

I don't know what's wrong with my camera these days. I'm hoping it's the batteries. I always buy the expensive Energizer lithium camera batteries and I love them, but I'm not sure what's wrong with this package. All my pictures are grainy and faded and motions just blur since I switched batteries. Anyway, these are darker in real life. Very deep blue and black black, again made from t-shirts.

I guess the next project will have to be to dig out the serger. I was given a new serger by my dear friend Mary Beth before we moved back here, and I haven't even tried to use it. Something about all those different spools of thread and the built in cutter are very intimidating ... even though I used one a lot when I was doing alterations at a dry cleaner's. I got hooked on the blind hem machine there too :) Anyway my friend was an excellent seamstress but the serger frustrated her and she bought a fancier one that didn't give her trouble, so she gave me her other one. To my shame, I haven't had it out of the box. I would have dug it out this morning, but that would have required opening the main garage door, and it was still dark and we have a crazy man in town attacking women that the police haven't been able to find yet. So, obviously, the serger can wait until midday. I've had "learn to set up and use the serger" on my to do list for awhile now, so today seems like a good day to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment