"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Little Sunday Sewing

My little man (20 months old) only has a couple of pairs of shorts. You would think I would have noticed this earlier in the summer, but it's been so nice here that shorts weren't necessary ... until this past week when we had temperatures in the 90's all week. (I know, we're spoiled here.) I had an old t-shirt that was beyond its usefulness as a t-shirt. My oldest had cut off the sleeves and used it for work, but then moved and didn't want it anymore. Nobody else here was interested in the redneck looks, so it was sitting in a rag bag.

I turned it into shorts. I used one of the other pairs of shorts my little one had (he literally has 2, plus a romper that is shorts and a little pair of shorts overalls). I made a pattern and cut the t-shirt, sewed the seams, hemmed the legs and put elastic in the waistband. Super simple, super quick. I think it took less than 30 minutes all together.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to get a baby to be a cooperative clothing model? He kept running away from me. Here he is trying to close a door on me.
You can kind of see how cute the t-shirt logo is on the side of these shorts. They fit really well too. Should be able to easily wear them the rest of the summer, which should be another 2-3 weeks at least :) I got these all done, then heard that our highs are supposed to be back in the 70's this week - thank goodness. Guess I missed our week of summer. Oh well. The shorts are cute anyway.

Here you can see how cooperative my model was being. I must have taken 20 pictures before getting the two above that are somewhat useful.

1 comment: