"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

In Print

I'm so excited! I ordered a book made from my blog from blog2print, and it arrived yesterday!

I jokingly told my husband I can now cross off my list the goal of someday having a book in print. Ha. This is not quite what I had in mind. Someday I will write a real book, but for now, I'm really happy to have this one.

It's rather thick. It contains all of my blog posts from the day I started my blog until mid-December, making it a whopping 144 pages long! I didn't realize I had written so much. If I had been thinking clearly I would have waited until after Christmas so most of our year would have been included. I had a gift certificate that had to be spent before the end of the year and decided to go ahead and use it rather than risking forgetting about it in the Christmas frenzy. Oh well, next year I'll make sure to wait until after Christmas.

The book even has a table of contents page, dedication page, and is a good quality book. I was disappointed in how difficult it was to work with the program used to create it. There weren't a lot of options for changing things around, and the customer service was nonexistent. I tried contacting them through every avenue, and they never bothered to respond. Still, it was worth it to me to have a "family yearbook," and I will continue to make one every year. Hopefully, though, by next year they will have improved their program so that it is easier to edit without having to make changes to the blog itself.

It is such a simple way to have a written record of all we did this year. It's like scrapbooking without all the work :)




It's really fun to look back over our year and see all that we did. This book will become a family treasure, I'm sure. I can't wait until I have a whole shelf full of them ... or maybe I can. I want to enjoy each day as it comes and play with my kids. Let them be little forever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment