"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

4-H and Artwork

Our eight year old is enjoying his first year in 4-H.  We didn't realize every project he signed up for would require separate meetings, but it hasn't been as overwhelming as I had expected.  It's actually motivating him to finish his homeschool studies quickly, so he can go to his activities.  He's not allowed to go unless school and chores are done, and I don't think he has missed anything yet.  

Yesterday he had air rifle.  He is doing pretty well.  He is also in robotics and archery, and other activities will be starting up later in the year.  He tells me archery is his favorite.  He also starts violin lessons this week, with a group of beginners - 6 weeks for $20, with the violin rental provided.  Should give him enough time to figure out if he likes it enough for us to invest in lessons.  And he goes to a homeschool co-op class once a week too.  With all that, and our church AWANA club and skiing, he keeps pretty busy.  We're debating adding Boy Scouts to that too eventually.  We'll see.  And to think most people think homeschoolers are "unsocialized" ... lol.


 I had to laugh when I saw the back of his target.  He had drawn an elk (well, two of them) on the back of his target.  I think it's a pretty amazing elk considering he's only 8 years old.  And I don't think I could beat it.  He does nothing but draw and read in his free time - usually both.  He'll read something and then copy an illustration or draw the scene he just read about.

This was a picture he saw (or a variation of it) in one of the books he was reading about the coast guard.  I really need to get his blog going again so he can post all of these.  He's been asking me to and I just haven't made the time to do it.  I think I'll get out my old computer and show him how to scan pictures and update the blog on his own.  Sounds like a school project to me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment