"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Excitement Comes in a Box

 My daughter (who is away at college) finally sent her box of Christmas gifts for the family.

The four year old was especially excited because she sent him a sock monkey.  

This kid is the king of the swingers, the jungle VIP - as it says in the Jungle Book - lol.  Inside his little "tent" which he begged his brother to make for him, there were at least three monkeys (of the stuffed variety) ... four if you count the four year old.

 (He's holding up the sock monkey here.)

 And this is our little poser.  For those who don't know him, he always sucks his first two fingers, so that part is normal.  But now, when he sees a camera, we get all sorts of goofy grins.


  Speaking of goofiness, last night's dinner was ... entertaining.

He wasn't trying to be silly, but the cheese on the lasagna was giving him fits.  Very stringy.

I finally got around to trying low carb lasagna - made with zucchini "noodles" instead of pasta.  It was amazingly good.  I didn't miss the noodles at all (though the eight year old did.  He told me his favorite thing about lasagna is the noodles).  

I left out the cheese on the one year old's portion.  Everyone loved it, and asked for more.  The one year old threw a fit when I wouldn't give him more after he had seconds.  Definitely a recipe to keep.

Not sure what was up with him last night. He was really sleepy when I changed him and put him in bed, but he didn't sleep well at all. I didn't even hear him, but my husband was up with him most of the night.  Not sure what the problem was, but he's doing well today.

No comments:

Post a Comment