"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Silly Sayings, and Easy Tricks to Clean the Kitchen

 Our four year old is a crack up.  He's always coming up with some crazy statement.  The other day, he saw one of the daycare kids' pacifier and called it a "baby snack."  Tonight he and the one year old were taking a bath, and he got out first.  Then the one year old climbed out while the four year old was running around wrapped in a towel.  The four year old wrapped his towel around him, then started wiping him off.  It was sweet and helpful.  Then he told me he had wiped his brother off "so now he won't leak."

Speaking of the baby...
We had a late night last night after watching Fiddler.  I didn't get in the shower after midnight, and by the time I was dressed and had my hair partially dried and was ready to head to bed, the baby was crying - around 1 am.  I got him a bottle, handed it to him in the dark, hoping he would drink it and go back to sleep.  No dice.  So I went in and got him and when I had him in the light, this is what I found.  He was itching like crazy and had scratched to the point of bleeding a lot.  I changed him, gave him some benadryl, and rocked him to sleep.  Then he spent the rest of the night in a playpen in our room.

Thankfully he was much better this morning.  He's still blotchy, but not itching as bad.  I hope we can get him to leave that scab alone.

 He was in a good mood those, being silly and playing hard :)

 Since we painted the kitchen, I've been more inspired to try to keep everything cleaned.  I learned a few tricks that make everything a lot simpler.  For instance, did you know a straight edge razor is a wonderful too clean a flat top stove?  What a wonderful thing.  I'm pretty sure someone should have told me about this years ago!  It would have saved me tons of time and a lot of money.  So there you go.

Another thing I figured out - quite by accident - which is truly one of those things you say "duh" to - is that the first step in dinner prep should be to fill the sink with soapy water.  I find I try to avoid using things like the food processor because I dread having to clean them.  Today I just happened to be washing dishes when I used the food processor and I was able to quickly rinse everything and set it on a towel to dry.  Super fast cleanup.

Okay, so I know those are probably two tips that everyone on earth already knew, but they were new to me, so I'm celebrating them ;)

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for making the right choice by contacting Dr. Irosi who helped me in getting my ex back by casting a love spell on him. One of the best decision i ever made was contacting Dr. Irosi to help me get my lover back, I was life filled with happiness after i contacted Dr. Irosi because he didn't just bring my lover back to me he also made our love for each other more unique and superb. If you need to spice your relationship with more love and attention contact Dr. Irosi on his Email Address [drirosisolutioncenter@gmail.com], call or whatsapp him via his contact +2348118829771 and be happy just like i am, thanks Dr. Irosi for your great work.  

    ReplyDelete