"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Fiddler on the Roof

Last night our local fine arts council brought a production of Fiddler on the Roof to town.  This is my favorite musical.  

 I wish I had taken a picture of the opening song - Tradition!  The dancing and singing was spectacular.

I thought they did a better job than the dvd version I have.  It was thrilling to see it in person.

 My nine year old has been my "date" for the whole season of fine arts performances.  We bought season tickets for the two of us.  He really enjoyed this one, and it gave us a great opportunity to discuss the events surrounding World War II, which he hasn't studied yet.  I want to remember to watch the DVD with him after we study that (which won't be for another year or two).  I'm sure the play will take on a whole new meaning for him then.

No comments:

Post a Comment