"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sewing Update and Party Prep

I really have been accomplishing things, I promise :) This week I've been stealing a few minutes here and there to put together four patch blocks.

So far I have around 60 of them. They are going to 4 Patches 4 Hope, which is collecting blocks for comfort quilts, and donations for the American Cancer Society.

This is one of my favorite blocks. Butterflies symbolize hope to me. I love how beautiful and delicate they are.

I've also been sewing on patches. We lead the SPARKS club at our church, and I had several little Sparkies needing patches sewn on their vests, so I brought them all home. I was just adding the bottom patch on each vest.

And here's my latest win. It's a pincushion kit made from fabric in the new Delighted line. I actually won two of these from two different blogs, but so far I have only received one. The pincushion part gets glued into the bottle cap - which I think is a fun idea. I'm going to add a magnet to the back of it so it will stick on my sewing machine.

Winning must be contagious - or maybe we're just a lucky family ;) My daughter won this blanket at an open house we went to for our insurance agency last night.

It's really nice and very heavy. It has fur lining on one side and leather on the other. Not sure if it's genuine leather or not, but it's really nice either way.

This just cracks me up. This is how I found the seven year old the other night. He has a new football helmet and jersey he wears nonstop. (I've drawn the line at letting him accompany me to the grocery store wearing it.) Anyway, he was reading.

And now I've got to run. We're working on preparations for my husband's birthday party tonight. My 18 year old daughter made the cake. She's been planning it for more than a month.

The seven year old made a banner, and helped me pick out balloons too. Should be a fun time. His parents are taking us out to dinner, along with his sister and her family, then it's back here for cake and presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment