"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Monday, October 21, 2013

Allergen Free Sweet Potato Apple Stir Fry

Boy was this a hit.  I made a quick stir fry for our allergic-to-everything two year old the other night. It was really kind of an accident.  I had a sweet potato that was on the verge of drying out and an apple that had a small spot that was threatening to grow and it occurred to me to put the two together.  I sauteed the sweet potato in olive oil for quite awhile first to get it mostly cooked, then added a very expensive locally made polish sausage link. (For those of you familiar with the area, it was a Kronski. They are one of the few processed meats that don't contain corn syrup, which he is allergic to).  I added the apples and sauteed until they were starting to soften, along with a handful of dried cranberries.  I used a large sweet potato and a large apple, and he ate it over three meals.  The first was served as you see it, then after that I cooked up some rice pasta and tossed that in.  I'll definitely make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment