"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Fun at the Library

 We've had a busy weekend and I haven't had a chance to catch up on my blogging, so there will be several new posts in the next day or two.  This was last Wednesday - we were hanging out at our local library and my two youngest clowns took full advantage of the dress up box.

We have an awesome library and I know I have mentioned that before, but honestly, it's the best library I've ever been to - and that's saying something considering my idea of touring a new place requires a trip to the library. Some of them are so institutional.  Ours is a log cabin with a sit-down-and-stay-awhile feel.

We are spending a lot more time at the library these days - now that we live farther out of town I try to find in-town stuff to do while waiting to ferry my children from one place to another on days we have activities. The four year old attends preschool four days a week for three hours per session, and our homeschool group has swimming lessons on two of those days.  The nine year old has football through this week, so we do a lot of running around.

 The swimming lessons start 45 minutes after we drop off the four year old, and the nine year old and I have figured out we can just squeeze in a game of chess at the library in that amount of time. :)

Also last Wednesday, we had our open house for signing up for 4H for the next year.  They were drawing for door prizes, and they called the nine year old's name first.  He got to choose from a box of goodies, and was lucky enough to get this super-soft sweatshirt.  (I caught him just in time - he was seriously considering a plastic slinky).

No comments:

Post a Comment