"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Caution, Creativity Ahead

It never ceases to amaze me what the boys come up with to play, with no real toys in sight.

 They were playing "ambulance" here. The injured patient cracks me up.  He's a great little actor.

Then they switched places and the two year old was a taxi driver.

Then the five year old decided to drive a loader.

Remind me why I buy toys???

I came upstairs to the master bedroom to find this - he had laid out a blanket on the floor, added pillows, monkey and another blanket and was studying an old highlights magazine.  I think the word on the right hand page - "thinking" - sums this up beautifully.

Yesterday morning he saw his Dad's glasses next to the alarm clock and asked, "What's the clock wearing?"  :)

This is what often makes it frustrating to make the bed.  I make it every morning, and every day it ends up looking like this.  And after they left, I had about 20 Lego pieces to remove from inside the covers.

The five year old loves to shovel, so I finally bought him one his own size.  He played outside with it forever yesterday, just digging and tossing snow.

String is another favorite thing.

I come across scenes like this every day. :)  This was a surprise left hanging from the master bathroom doorknob.

And then there are boxes.  Like I said, we don't need "toys."

No comments:

Post a Comment