"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Hike Number Two

 I mentioned in the last post that the boys are now addicted to hiking and asking every day to go on another one.  These are really just glorified walks, but I'm glad they're getting in the mindset to hike.  It should make this summer a lot of fun.  This time the two little ones and I went for a hike while waiting for the 10 year old to finish archery practice.

This is our main town park.  It's the same creek, but downstream from where we were yesterday.  I neglected to mention that the park we walked in yesterday was where we got married many moons ago ;)

This was pretty sweet - the five year old was sharing snowballs with his brother so they could both throw them in the water.

Snowballs were the attraction of the day.  I was starting to worry about what they would do when the snow melted completely, but it's not a problem. Rocks and sticks are just as good. ;)


 We kept having to wait for the two year old. He would get distracted with snowballs or something and not keep up with us.

See how far behind he is?  And he isn't trying to come either.  He's dancing in a puddle. lol

We made the loop from the town park, around by the creek, and up to the library, where we nearly checked out more books than I could carry back to the park.  The five year old was very upset that we couldn't play at the park, but the snow was as deep as he is and we didn't have snowpants, boots and gloves.

And now for a few things that have nothing to do with anything else...

I don't know about you, but this makes me ache just looking at it.  He was sound asleep - sitting cross-legged and bent completely over.

 
 And I am just amazed at what people think of to create out of Legos.  I mean really, is a dissected frog the first thing you think of when someone says, "Hey, what should we make out of Legos?"  Yeah. I didn't think so.

Now this is more my speed.  I'll take one of these please.  My 10-year-old Lego expert thinks he might be able to make this one.  We'll see.  It's down the priority list though since he's still working on the kit he got for his birthday.  He only works on it a few minutes at a time - usually not more than 10-15 minutes. He made the mistake of putting together the castle set he got for Christmas all in one day.  (He says it was a mistake, I thought it was a wonderfully peaceful way to spend the day.)  So he's trying to make this one stretch out longer so he can enjoy the process more.

17346921
These Lego creations are from a book called Beautiful Lego by Mike Doyle.  I found it at the library. It has some pretty spectacular creations in it, including the castle scene on the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment