"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Homecoming Parade and a Moose in the Yard

 Friday morning we headed to town for the homecoming parade.  The weather was pretty decent, but still chilly and breezy.  We picked up Papa and Bugga and brought them along.  The five year old got out, but when the band started playing, he ran back to the Excursion.  He did seem to enjoy the parade from the safety of the vehicle though.  (He hates candy, so he wasn't disappointed not to get any.)

 Our band finally has real uniforms!  For years they wore green and white striped rugby-style shirts with green sweat pants.  Looked like they were ready for a nap.  These are SO much better.

Very festive, but I'm glad I'm not the one who has to wash the paint off.


 The high school classes have a competition for decorating floats.  I didn't do a good job of getting pictures because I was trying to make sure the three year old didn't pick up any candy he is allergic to.

 He was thrilled to get a little beach ball.

 And he did get one candy he isn't allergic to - Smarties :)  The girl coming by had two hands full of Tootsie Rolls with one pack of Smarties in the middle.  He lit up in joy and just took the one he knew he could have :)  She dumped the rest at his feet, but he was thrilled to get one he could have.

 Look closely at the back of the house.  See the moose?

 How about now?  When we pulled in to my in-laws driveway he was laying by the back porch.

 I *carefully* sneaked around the front of the house to snap her picture.

 The boys enjoyed the view from the safety of the back porch.

 Looks like a framed picture, don't you think?

 She looks like she's in great shape heading into winter.  Sleek coat, decent weight.  I'm guessing this one's a yearling.

 We shooed her out of the yard.  I took this picture of her going by the garage for size comparison.  Judging from the windows in the garage door, I'd guess she's about 6 feet tall.  I'll have to measure when I'm there next time.

 I love that a boy can be so excited over one little packet of candy. :)  I opened it for him and he waited patiently, then asked me, "Can I eat it?"  This was his expression when I said yes.  Sure do love this boy :)

Such joy.  And he was perfectly happy that there was only one packet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment