"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Weekend Additions

Surprise! I went to yard sales again ... okay, so that's not a surprise. I found two cute flowerpots for $1 each - can't beat that. Isn't this frog just the cutest thing you ever saw? Of course I had to buy flowers to go in them, and they are getting hard to come by now. This little reddish orange flower is a Lantana - yeah, I've never heard of it either. This one is called "Luscious Citrus Blend."
For now I have these on my front porch, but I think they will have to move out by the veggies because they need full sun and my porch only gets sun in the morning. The pretty pink flowers on the far right are new too.


Here's a close-up of the pinks. They are called "Million Bells Trailing Pink Calibrachoa." Another flower I've never heard of. These can take full sun or part shade, so I think I'll leave them right where they are. They sit on the ledge of a four-foot drop, so they should trail well. There are two of these in this pot. They seemed like they would only trail one direction and I wanted a fuller look.

Here is what the pot looks like. Both of these pots are metal of some sort - maybe pewter? I have no idea. Like I said, they were $1 each, and I paid $2 each for the three plants, which were on clearance, so that makes the grand total $8. Not bad. I think they're really pretty. And I love the whimsy of the frog. He is kind of an uppity looking fellow. My 6 year old and I have been reading Frog and Toad, and this just reminds me of that book. How fun is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment