"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bed Bugs... er... Boys

 I have an infestation of bed bugs.  Or maybe I should call them bed boys.  They all think that's the fun place to play.  Not that I mind, so long as they move out by the time I want to get some sleep :) 

I just got back from taking the eight year old with me to vote.  I figured it was a good homeschool field trip.  We had to go to two places to vote - the town hall to vote for town council members, and the county location to decide whether we want three or five county commissioners.

 I know you're probably getting sick of pictures of the kids reading, but I wanted to show you how our eight year old reads in the midst of daycare chaos - or in the evenings when my husband and I are having a conversation.  It works for him!

 The other night I kept hearing a thumping noise and found the baby stomping on the wall.  This is the only wall we share with the other half of the duplex, and of course that was the one he was pounding on.

The eight year old has finished his pottery class.  Here he is with all of his creations.  

He made the coffee cups (the teacher helped attach the handles) for his aunt and uncle.  I hope they're thirsty :)  They are much bigger than they appear.  The blue one is the one he made for eating "cereal and macaroni and cheese" - hopefully not all at the same time lol.  It too is on the large side.  The one in the same row with the blue one - to the right of it - is for me.  I'm going to plant a flower in it.  Now I really want to take a class.  I've always wanted to learn to do pottery.  The trick is finding the time for it.

 I've been getting lots of great mail lately.  I'm hoping this little scanner will simplify my life.

 I'm not kidding when I say little either.  It's kind of tiny, which I think is a great thing.  It's ironic that something so small could do so much.  The goal is to scan every piece of stray paper and get rid of my piles.  Paper clutter is the biggest problem I struggle with.  It also should help me always have the necessary receipts for tax time.

 Wish me luck.  I don't have time to read up on all of it while the daycare kids are here, so hopefully I will get a chance to set it up this evening and get started scanning.

 I also (of course) got a few books - Time Management from the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern, Einstein Never Used Flash Cards by Kathy Hirsh-Pasek and Roberta Michnick Golinkoff, and Mind in the Making by Ellen Galinsky.  I will get a reimbursement for purchasing Mind in the Making once I've read it and turned in a review to a daycare program.  So far it's an interesting read.
 
And of course there's another sewing related book.  Patternmaking For a Perfect Fit:Using the Rub-off Technique to Re-create and Redesign Your Favorite Fashions by Steffani Lincecum.  I'm in the middle of the other patternmaking book I already received, and so far I'm impressed.  Now if I could just find the time to put some of the things I'm learning into action...

No comments:

Post a Comment