"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Sunday, May 20, 2012

O Happy Day!

 My kids love me.  If you doubt that, see the picture above :)  This was my Mother's Day gift from my oldest two kids (with a little added help from their Dad).  Actually, they sent me the basic nook, and I upgraded to the color.  I've wanted one of these for a long time, but couldn't justify the cost.  I am a tactile person & prefer to read a good old fashioned book, but I love that I can load a bunch of books on here and have the portability.  Plus, I can check my email and search the internet, so now I won't have to pack my computer when I'm going on a short trip.  THANKS GUYS :)

 We've had a typical snuggly, cuddly week.  Nothing too exciting going on... at least nothing out of the ordinary.

 Hats have been the chosen toy of the month.  You know, now that it's actually been above 60 degrees for more than a week, it's time to break out the stocking caps.  lol.

He's figured out that I'm storing them in the chest we're using as a window seat, so they're within easy reach.  So when I made it to the dollar store on Thursday, I grabbed a few hats - construction hard hats and fireman hats.  Maybe he'll leave our winter stuff alone now... probably not.
 The baby is really getting good at scooting backwards.  He's all over the place.  Only problem is that he keeps getting stuck.  Is it cruel that I responded to his yelling for help by grabbing the camera first?  :)  My husband thought it was.

 The poor little guy has really struggled with eczema.  See these spots on his back?  They were bigger than a nickel and very itchy.  This was after he had been on an antibiotic that was supposed to help with the eczema.  We've been working with our pediatrician to try to figure out how to get rid of it, but it's been a constant problem since he was three months old.  We finally went to a dermatologist on Thursday to try to get more help.

The front doesn't look as bad, but he scratches it and tears the skin, which then gets infected.  The dermatologist said we're doing the right things and wants us to continue with a few minor adjustments.  He does much better when he has a bath (never using soap), so we're supposed to give him one at least every day - more if we have time, and instead of using lotion to slather him afterwards, he wants us to try regular old vasoline.  He also prescribed the next more potent steroid ointment for the spots - which is strong enough we're only to use it on his belly and back.  He gave us some samples of a very expensive non-steroid cream for his face and extremities.  But right now his face looks good, so I can't tell you if it works better yet or not.

 He's sure enjoying all the baths though.  See how nice he looks all cleaned up with his hair combed down?
This was right before we headed to the dermatologist.  By the time we got there an hour and a half later he had a mohawk - perfectly shaped, rounded up both sides, with a peak directly in the middle all the way back.  I didn't have a camera with me, but it was c.u.t.e.!  He pulls his hair when he's mad - or when he's tired - or when he's drinking a bottle, so he must have been messing with it on the drive.  It was funny though because everyone thought I had done that on purpose. 

Anyway, that was Thursday - an hour and a half north to the doctor.  Then on Friday we went an hour and a half south to our nephew's college graduation.  I didn't think the two youngest boys could sit through it without making everyone around us angry, so I went shopping with them instead.  Then we went to dinner and drove home - not arriving home until 1 am.  I was so exhausted.  We would have stayed over but my daughter had to work Saturday morning at 7 am, so we just had to come home.  Saturday morning (late morning) we went to breakfast and then to one garage sale at noon, and I was lucky enough to find a double stroller with a lot of cool features.  I'll show it to you when we use it.  It was cold and rainy yesterday so we didn't get a chance to test it out.  Instead, we worked on cleaning out the garage... a never ending task.  And I tried to figure out how to use my nook. :)  Then we grilled some steaks, had a nice family dinner and played Mexican Train Dominoes and watched a couple episodes of Psych (from a DVD from the library.  It was a good day.

By the way, we noticed the baby is getting another tooth - the bottom left this time.  The bottom right one isn't even fully in yet, and now this new one has broken through.  So far he teethes easily with no sign that he's getting one in until we see it.  Hopefully that will continue to be the case.  I tried to get a picture of it, but he wasn't cooperating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment