"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Fun Saturday - My Streak Continues!

 Don't you wish taking a bath was still this much fun???

 We've been using the sink lately, which is really too small, but he has such a good time in it and he's a little more stable in it.  Last night he figured out how to splash... a lot.

 Can you see the water flying over the edge of the counter?  I had to mop - three feet out from the counter!

 Today was a great day for bargains.  Do you like the cowboy hat?  It's not a play hat, but a dressy cowboy hat.  We bought it at a yard sale for $1.  The yard sale was a family we know well, and they had tons of clothes that fit both of our youngest boys, including some sleepers I desperately needed for the baby.  We bought a giant garbage bag full for $20.  We even picked up a couple things for our little niece who is coming to visit soon :)


They even had these two pairs of cowboy boots too.  They are too small for the three year old, but the baby will be able to use them... but not for awhile yet.

 The baby even got to try on the cowboy hat, though his main goal was to knock it off.  This is the only picture I have with it actually on his head, where you can still see his face.  And without exaggerating, I can say I probably took 15 pictures of him with the hat.  (Don't you just love digital cameras?)

 The baby was in a great mood today.  Lots of playing and talking.  He even said his sister's name clearly today and waved at her when he said it. 

 He has a tooth coming in too.  It doesn't seem to be bothering him much, and he hasn't had a fever at all.  I noticed it Friday when he was at the Dr. - screaming.  He has a lot of chest congestion and they wanted to check him out since he had pneumonia and was on oxygen back in October.  He's on an antibiotic now and they are confident we caught it in time.

We also made a trip to the thrift store and found lots of great books.  If you haven't read the LaRue books by Mark Teague, you really need to.  They are funny and well written.  This one is LaRue for Mayor.  A couple other favorites of ours are Dear Mrs. LaRue, and Detective LaRue.  Definitely worth looking up.

 We're always making great finds at our local thrift store.  Today I managed to snag this art book of Charles M. Russell's western art.  (new on Amazon it sells for over $80).  I bought this book, lots of other books and children's clothing, and almost more stuff than my husband and I could carry - all for $8.

 It was a funny coincidence that today I also received this art book in the mail - from Amazon.  I'm slowly gathering up a good collection of art books for school.  They are normally crazy expensive, but if you find them at the right place and time you can get a good bargain.  This one was under $10.

 Okay here's a switch in topics - we went to a fund raiser for some friends who are raising money to go to an national competition for the homeschool curriculum they use.  They had a dinner at their church, along with a silent auction and a raffle.  I must be on a winning streak or something - ha.  I bought these "spaghetti and meatballs" cupcakes -- yes -- CUPCAKES on the silent auction.  How cute is that?  I'm thinking that might be a good cake idea for the three year old's birthday this fall...

 Then I won three raffle items - a $25 gift certificate to our local Chinese restaurant, and a $50 gift card to Home Depot!  I also won a toy but I'm not going to show it here because I'm planning to use it for a gift for one of the boys' birthdays, and my eight year old occasionally reads my blog.  Not a bad haul, eh?  My daughter also won a $20 gift card to a local shop.

I bought this hanging basket of flowers on the silent auction too.  Funny thing was we were at a nursery this morning looking at hanging baskets because they were having a "sale." - HA.  They had big hanging baskets which "started" at $99.  So much for the sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment