"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Here Little Fishy....

 Thursday afternoon, I was busy doing a little bit of this...

 It's something I do a lot of - reading with the kids.

 Everyone has their favorite books...

 And they all think they need to be read at the same time.  In fact the kid on the right is one of the daycare kids.  I think when I took this picture, each kid - daycare kids included - all had a book in hand.  I call that success.  Never mind the fact that I never got to turn a single page of that newspaper on my lap... :)

 Lots of brotherly kindness going around...

And the eight year old was helping entertain the kids with ring-around-the-rosy that day too.
 
 Anyway, we were busy reading when my husband came home with this little fishy... about a 2.5 pound rainbow trout.  It made us think right away that he needed a friend to help entertain us for dinner. 


So we jumped in the truck and ran to the lake.

 Where I caught his friend (unknowingly in the same spot my husband had caught his) on my third cast - before my husband even got down to the lakeside.

 We fished for about an hour, then headed home to make a great fish dinner, complete with hushpuppies, which my eight year old declared to be the best in the world, thank you very much. :)

 My husband found a spoon someone had left in the sand, and that occupied the three year old for most of the time.  He likes to real in his fishing line right away, and between that and the wind, his little bobber didn't stand a chance at staying out, so we quickly diverted his attention.  Too many rocks there for him to fish without a bobber.  As it was, my husband, eight year old and I each lost a lure in the rocks.

 It was pretty chilly, but worth it.  The wind was blowing across the lake, but when you're catching fish, who really notices the weather? :)

 This is a really pretty spot at the lake for day fishing and picnicking.  There are several tables and outdoor fireplaces and grills - it would be a great spot for a big get-together.  There is sand for the kids and public bathrooms not far away, so it's pretty well set up.  Best of all, it's only 10 minutes from the house.

 My eight year old pointed out that it has a perfect rock for sun-bathing ... which is what he said he was doing here, even though only his face is exposed.  I'm guessing he didn't soak up many rays.

 Anyway, we had a lot of fun.

 And we had a great dinner - with left overs too!  Not a bad pair of fish - big enough we had to put them in the sink diagonally.

No comments:

Post a Comment