"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Getting Great Mail

 If I told you I love my mailman... well, you might just get the wrong idea.  Besides, I don't think we actually have any men working at our local post office.  Anyway, suffice it to say that getting the mail lately has been a lot of fun - always an adventure.  Today, for instance, I received a great package from England with this sweet little card...

 ... and this beautiful embroidery done especially for me :)  I won it from a blog called Poppy Makes back in December, and she offered to make it personal for me - with my favorite colors.  My favorite color combo is turquoise and red, so she dressed the girl in those colors ... and she has dark hair, just like me ;)  How cute is that?

 Here's a closer view.  I love it!!!  I'm going to hang it above my sewing machine in our bedroom - it will go perfectly there.

I mentioned an art book that came today in the last post.  This was also in today's mail - Design it Yourself Clothes: Patternmaking simplified.  I ordered several books on Amazon with the birthday money my parents sent.  I'm expecting two more sewing books and a couple other books.  I was able to get some pretty good deals with the cash they sent.  I'm wanting to learn to make clothes based on the clothes I already have in my closet.  I have some experience and success with this already.  Back when I was pregnant with the eight year old, I made a dress based on one I had from a store - and adjusted it to accommodate pregnancy and nursing.  I want to expand that skill, so that's where I spent my birthday money.

No comments:

Post a Comment