"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Everything's Coming Up Roses

 Well, moss roses, anyway  :)


 And all sorts of other flowers :)


The flowers I planted are finally starting to take off.  And there are lots of flowers that were already here - mostly variations of poppies.

 I planted several delphinium plants - both white and blue (and Dad, it occurred to me the day after you left that I forgot to pay you for the plants you brought, so I'll be getting you some money soon :)

I have no idea what this one is, but I think it's going to be very pretty.  It was already here.  This is just one small stem of it.  It's a fairly big plant with a bunch of these shoots.

 We have a bunch of California poppies all along the front flower beds.

 And there are Iceland poppies nearly everywhere else.

Here is a large bed of them at the back of the house.

I love all the different colors :)

And we have tiny little violets too. These are smaller than a dime.  They grow in among the poppies (as do the dandelions, but we won't discuss those *ahem*).






 Remember the vines I cleared off the trellis and didn't know what they were?  Well, my mother-in-law knew right away that this was hopps.  I guess this used to be a pretty popular thing to plant around here as there are a lot of older homes with it growing.

 I'm amazed at how fast it has grown.

We have a bunch of lilac bushes around here too, and they're getting close to blooming.  My grandma had a ton of these at her house in Nebraska when I was growing up.  Wonderful memories.  But they were always in bloom around Easter time. :)

 We have a circle driveway, with shrubbery and low growing dusty colored plants, which frankly I thought looked like a mess.

But then they started blooming!  It looks like this will be a field of white flowers shortly.  Should be very pretty.

This is my neighbor's yard ... of which I am extremely jealous!  Peonies are my absolute favorite flower ever.  Both of my grandmothers had these in their yards when I was growing up.  Nostalgia is a powerful thing.  I love their smell, their color, and everything else about them... with the possible exception of their price, and the fact that it takes them a couple of years to do their thing.  Now if we end up buying this place, that's the first thing (well, probably lol) that I'm going to invest in :)  Priorities, right?  Ha.

2 comments: