"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Another Presentation, and an Evening at the Park

 This is the five year old's latest work of art.  It's one of his teacher's dogs. The dog's name is Satch ;)

All weekend the main word I heard from the five year old was "presentation" - I think he liked the way it felt to say it.  Well, Sunday night he decided to do one.  He brought his dog and minion to the table the ten year old had used to practice, and said, "I'm going to do a presentation."

Then he went through the motions of the dog slowly approaching the minion, and the minion backing up farther and farther, until he fell off the table.  All the while, he was making dog and minion noises.  It was hysterical.

The ten year old made him a grand champion ribbon :)

He even included the paper on the back like the real ones, to write what the ribbon was for :)

 The two year old is really into drawing now too.  Wherever he finds paper, he drops and draws... even if it's right in the doorway.

 Last night we loaded up the bikes and boys and headed to one of the parks in town.


We dropped the ten year old and his bike off at his friend's house and the boys rode over to the park to meet us.




This cracks me up.  We brought enough bikes for everyone, but the five year old wanted to ride the bike we brought for the two year old.  Thankfully the two year old didn't mind, and just ran along after him.

In the summer, there is a nice row of bushes between the park and the nearby houses.  But right now it's pretty sparse. I couldn't resist taking a picture of this old car.  Pretty cool (even if the property is basically a junk yard).

 Of course the ten year old had to bring his football... and gloves.


The five year old is very easily distracted.  One minute he was cruising along on his four wheeler (no motor, just pedals)...

The next minute he's making a sneak attack on a robin.  (This isn't the sneaking part - ha.  This is after the robin decided he was too close.)

The two year old took the easy route on his cruising, and let Daddy push.

I tried to take the easy route too, and read.  I didn't get much reading done though.

 The little man found a pine cone.  He finds one everywhere we go.  I think I'm going to start collecting and labeling them.  I was thinking of bringing home a rock from each of our hikes and writing with a Sharpie the date and place we hiked, but maybe pine cones are just as good - ha.
 
He always has to show them to me.  He told me I could keep this one.

Then he gave me a kiss.





It was a fun evening, and nice to get the boys together for a bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment