"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday Fun

I was in the nursery for our morning service at church.  We are starting to do Bible stories at that time for the kids too - not just during Sunday School.  It's a new thing and I hadn't thought about it before we got there.  

I quickly cut a few pieces of construction paper and gathered some little people from the play area, and told the story of Jesus' triumphal entry.  The kids made their own palm fronds to wave.

We came home to dinner waiting in the crock pot (lasagna), then enjoyed a restful day.  The five year old was giving Mike Wazowski a "piggy ride."

Sundays are supposed to (in my mind at least) be a day for an afternoon nap.  So I set my alarm to get up in time for choir practice, then snuggled in.

I got all of 10 minutes of sleep before these two hooligans woke me up. The two year old was in a super-crabby mood following his nap.  The five year old was goofy and hysterical.  It made for an interesting wake up call.

 After evening church, the sky was amazing.  We had snow pretty heavy all day, but it was melting as soon as it hit the ground.  By evening, it was starting to stick, and the clouds were huge and so bright.






We did end up with a couple inches on the ground by evening.  It finally cooled enough that the snow wasn't melting immediately.  It will probably be gone before noon tomorrow though.


No comments:

Post a Comment