"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Friday, May 2, 2014

A Cure for Overstimulation

 Well, we finally stumbled onto a cure for the 5 year old's auditory overstimulation.  His two year old brother was crying - softly - but thanks to the autism, he is extremely sensitive to noise.  When his brother cries, it upsets him and he starts yelling for him to stop.  Finally it occurred to me that he just needed some ear plugs, so I grabbed my husband's ear protection and it was all good from then out.  If you try this, don't use them very often.  Wearing ear plugs too much actually makes your hearing more sensitive because you get used to less noise.  But it sure was a nice cure for the moment!

 I've been loving all the yellow headed black birds that have been hanging around.  They sure go through the sunflower seeds fast, but it's so worth it.


I thought they almost looked like Christmas ornaments on our tree today.  I'm noticing lately that they have a lot of red mixed in with the yellow, especially right around their faces.  So pretty!

Our hawk has been hanging close too.  Those gophers must look mighty tempting.  Actually I'm not sure if it's really a hawk.  Sure looks like one, but I haven't had any success identifying it online, despite searching repeatedly.  It's very grey, but doesn't match up with any pictures I've seen so far.  I might have to email the University of Wyoming and see if they can tell me what it is.  I also spotted a dove and what I think was a starling today, but I didn't have my camera close.  I'll try to catch a picture of them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment