"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Monday, April 11, 2011

Car Seat Cover Done!

I've really been making good progress on my sewing projects lately. Something about being pregnant makes a person realize they have limited time to get things done - ha. Along with all this sewing, I've been making good progress on my afghan, and still occasionally sneaking in a few hexagons too (usually about 20 at a time).

I found a pattern awhile back for a "greeter deterrent" and thought that would be a handy thing to have. The idea is to keep people from getting in the face of your child as you go through a store. Think "sneeze guard" for your baby :)

I thought, given the fact that this child is due July 1, it would also be an excellent sun shade. I don't care for the umbrella ones that come attached to the car seat because if your child is turned the wrong way as you walk, they still get sun in their faces. Trying to keep a blanket on them in the wind is a pain. This one is attached to the handles of the car seat, so it won't fly away or fall on the floor. Think how much better this will be in the rain! And besides, this is just plain cute.

It was a pretty simple pattern. It only took 1 yard of the outer fabric, and 1 1/4 yards of the liner (brown dots).

I could have gotten by with something a tad bit smaller, because this drags the floor a bit, but I think it will be fine anyway.

When you want the baby to see out, just flip the cover over the handles. Super easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment