It's great to have a daughter who is willing to help me clean up. It's not so great though, when she doesn't put things where they belong ... like my fabric cutting ruler ... and then can't remember what she did with it. This all happened yesterday, while she was three hours away at piano lessons.
So, I figured I would improvise. I used rulers - little, normal rulers. I had to fold my fabric in half so I could see the lines on the cutting mat, then measure one half inch over with one ruler, put the other ruler in place, then cut with the rotary cutter.
It worked fairly well, but after doing half a yard of fabric like that, I knew I had to look a little harder for the good ruler. This way was too labor intensive, and it would have taken all day to get all my fabric cut. I finally did find the ruler - on the floor of my sewing room (aka garage) between some boxes, out of the line of sight. So I was able to finish cutting all 3 1/2 yards of fabric yesterday afternoon.
These are going in my hexagon quilt. I believe I cut another 789 squares. I'm going to have to count my squares. Ugh. I thought I had done that, but I think I only counted the ones I had finished stitching. If I did count them, I don't have the total now, so I guess that will be on my to-do list. Or maybe I'll just wing it until I get close... Either way, I better get back to stitching! I still know I need to get a few more fabrics, which I plan to do on the shop hop. By the way, I did the first stop of the shop hop today, but I'm going to put that in a separate post.