"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

There May Be Hope Yet...

I had a doctor's appointment in Jackson Hole today (okay, technically that was yesterday. I've got a terrible cold, and a case of insomnia, so I'm writing this at 4 am. I've been up since 2:30 - ugh). So in honor of Spring, and the ridiculous fuel prices, I figured I'd take the economical vehicle rather than our gas-guzzling SUV (which I love by the way, and wouldn't give up for anything.) This is how I was rewarded for that thought...

The weather was nasty. I had snowy, rainy weather all day. At home it was cool, but no precipitation at all. The roads through the canyon were slushy and slick, so I could only go 40 miles per hour. Everywhere I went I got soaked getting in and out of the vehicle. Ahh. Springtime in the Rockies...

On a more positive note, things are progressing well with the baby, and all is as it should be. I can't believe that I'm starting into my two-week appointments already. Time flies... It never did with any other pregnancy, but this one is going by fast. Before you know it, we'll be in July with a new little guy...

and hopefully a home to bring him to. Despite the snow up North, the weather at home was decent. I decided to drive past the house site on my way home and was pleasantly surprised to find the lake gone. The ground has dried pretty well, considering. It is still too soft to drive on (or walk on in most places), but this does give us hope that we may actually be able to have the home placed on the foundation this month. It will still need to dry out quite a bit, and we may still have to haul in some rock, but it's looking pretty good. My husband and I went back out later in the evening and walked around to check it for sure. I'm really encouraged, because given our typical windy weather, this ought to be pretty dry in another week or two, which I'm sure we still have before the mover gets things in gear. We'll honestly be surprised if we see him anytime soon, given his track record, and for once, I'm kind of glad about that.

Here's a closeup, taken from the car. The ground is a little higher on this side, so you can't see the concrete on this side, and the ground is pretty mushy at this end. I didn't take the camera when we went out to walk around.

I arrived home to find the seven year old reading to the two year old (oh yes, and his puppy). These two get along so well. They're always doing something together. The seven year old is really into reading, and often reads to the daycare kids - continuing even after they have all run off to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment