"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sunshine and Craft Therapy

Today it was finally warm enough to take all the kids outside to play in the sunshine! YEAH!

They were thrilled. It's been a long winter. We've been able to go out front on the sidewalk and play with sidewalk chalk, but today it was finally dry enough in (most of) the yard to let the rascals run free without worrying about mud.

I had to do a little shoveling to get to be able to sit on my porch swing, but then I settled in for a little hand stitching while watching the kids enjoy themselves. (Can you tell I've finally gotten smart and figured out this is a good project to use up those almost-gone spools of thread that aren't worth threading a sewing machine for?)

The other day when I posted about all the problems I was having with my back and the cold and such, a sweet friend from New Zealand suggested perhaps a little craft therapy was in order. And boy was she right. I've been on a crafting blitz the last week or so, and fee wonderful. There's nothing like knowing you've actually accomplished something you've wanted to for a long time! Feels good.

See those few hexagons in the top section of the box? That's all I got done while outside. I was too busy throwing and kicking balls, picking one particular child up out of a snowbank... repeatedly... and helping another *ahem - mine* who was too scared to go down the playhouse slide by himself and kept freaking out because he was "stuck." Ahh, the joys of motherhood. But I'd say all the kid stuff was just as fun as the stitching. And I got to sit in the sunshine all morning to boot. It was a great morning!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad crafting has helped you! I've *almost* finished my "Earthquake Quilt", which is an unfortunate name, really, but I'll never forget that I was in the middle of it when life changed! The material is Breakfast at Tiffany's which I order from fatquartershop. Can't wait to finish it and put it up online :)

    ReplyDelete