"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Shop Hop, Stop One - Jackson Hole, WY

I had a doctor's appointment in Jackson today, so I took the time to stop at Stitchin' Time with my shop hop passport. They are always fun during shop hop. They have little games where you can win a prize. This year, I won the little notepad in the center of the photo. I'm also entered into their basket drawing. (Each store gives away an individual gift basket to some lucky shop hopper).

They put together little packets for the shop hoppers with lots of fun stuff - a flier for their fall quilt retreat, candy, and themed items to go with their pattern. Each store creates a pattern for the shop hop.

This store's pattern is called Wyoming Wind, so we got a little pinwheel. Each store also gives a charm for a bracelet. So, appropriately, we got a windmill :)

I try to make a point of purchasing something - even if it's just a fat quarter - from each shop. The stores usually have something on sale especially for the shop hop.

I found these fun green and blue prints for $5/yard. I bought a yard of the green and half a yard of the blue, along with the brown and blue fat quarter. I don't really have a plan for the fat quarter, but I've had my eye on that fabric for awhile, so I had to get at least a fat quarter of it. The green will most likely be used somewhere in my daughter's room, and the blue will probably go into my hexagon quilt. Grand total $10.97.

I went to this one without my daughter, thinking she could miss one shop and still be qualified for the second prize - a basket of sewing goodies and $25 gift certificates from each of the 11 shops. The idea was that if we had the two Wyoming shops done before the big Saturday trip, we could be at the first Idaho shop by 9 am opening time. But then I found out that one of the stores is 70 miles away from any of the others. It would be an added 3 hours to the trip to go there and back, not counting shopping time. I don't think we'd be able to do that in a day even if we wanted to, so I'm going to have to get my daughter to the Jackson shop so we can qualify for the second place drawing - which is the prize I really want. First place is a 3 day, 2 night quilt retreat with 8 friends. I don't know that many people locally who sew or would be interested in attending - plus with the baby coming, I'm not going to be able to leave for a retreat anytime soon. They also have gift basket drawings for people who make it to seven shops. And, each shop you go to usually has a drawing you sign up for there, and fun games where you can win prizes. It's kind of like a carnival - but you have to drive to the different booths :)

No comments:

Post a Comment