"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Childs' Play

 I love that my boys love each other.

 They all like to snuggle and roughhouse.


 Makes a mother's heart smile ;)

 The baby is learning to sit up on his own.  He's not quite there yet, but he can sit up when he's holding onto something.  He sits up in the bathtub by holding the edge of the baby tub.  He's enjoying his new skills.

This is what the three year old picked out for his own lunch today.  I was making BLT's, and he said, "No Bacon!!"  When I had the fridge open, he pulled out the radishes, celery and mini cucumbers.  He ended up eating three of the mini cucumbers (each about 5 inches long!).  All that's left of the celery on his plate here are the strings!  And this was just the first helping.  He had double that much, easily - and two slices of bread. He asked for a third slice of bread but I didn't give it to him.  My daughter used to eat like this when she was little.  She would get into a loaf of bread and finish the whole thing off.  When we went out to eat, she would order a side salad, then fill up on the free saltine crackers on the table and take the salad home for dinner.  I guess birds of a feather flock together.  She and the three year old have an extra close bond.  Funny that they share this trait too.
 Last night my husband and I took the 7 year old  to a performance of Sylvester and the Magic Pebble - a children's book (written by the author of Shrek) that was being performed by actors with masks and puppets.  It was pretty well done, but hokey (at least according to my husband and I).  The seven year old loved it though, so we didn't tell him we thought it was hokey :)  We have a pretty good local fine arts council that  does a fairly good job of bringing unique and interesting "culture" to our little town.  We only have about 2,000 people in town, but we are fortunate enough to occasionally have the Utah Symphony Orchestra come to town too.  They do a good job getting good programing here.  (Oh and here's a little interesting fact for you.  There are more people in Denver, Colorado than there are in the entire state of Wyoming.  We do love our uncrowded, wide-open spaces out here!!)

On the sewing front, I managed to finish step two on the bibs this week - sewing them together (though not all on the same day).  Now I need to turn them, top stitch, and add snaps.  I figure I can turn them while daycare kids are here, so I probably won't work on them over the weekend.  I might finish a couple just so we have nice ones to keep in the diaper bag for when we eat out though.  We'll see. 

For now though, I need to run to the store, then to the thrift store.  I still need to add a barn to the mural I'm working on at church, and I'd like to make  time to  create  a better homeschool plan - at least for next week.  I've been winging it all year and it's not going as well as I would like.  We do okay, but I'm finding myself thinking each day, "Now where were we?  What was it I wanted to do next?"  So a more concrete plan should help.  We've been homeschooling for 15 years now, so I don't mind winging it, and I don't get too stressed out about a schedule.  As long as we're making progress we're good.  The seven year old is the only one in school right now anyway, and he's doing 4th-5th grade work despite being 2nd grade age, so like I said, I'm not too worried about it.  It would just make it easier on me each day to not have to think twice about what the "next thing" is.  I also really need to put up new house numbers and a new daycare sign on the side of the house, do some re-arranging to make the bedroom more functional, and prep my preschool projects for the week for the daycare. Anyway, that's my (way too full) plan for the day (oh yeah, and it's already 1:30!). We'll see how much I get done!  For now, I'm off to the store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment