"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Second Half of the Organizing

 I managed to get everything loaded onto the shelf we had to move yesterday.  The section on the left was the one that was in the bedroom.  It blocks a window now, but we don't open it anyway, and it's on the south side of the house so it tends to make it pretty warm in the summer.  Not that we're anywhere near summer.  That doesn't come around here until July.  And no, I'm not exaggerating.

 So now this is all of our homeschool stuff for this year, including reference books like atlases, dictionaries, small encyclopedias, etc. and all the different crayons, markers, and so on.  Seems like a lot for only one student, doesn't it?  But we don't use textbooks, so each subject is a series of real books instead.  I love homeschooling this way!  It makes all the subjects really come alive.  I didn't ever get a chance to make up the homeschooling plan for the week, but this is a big step in the right direction.  At least now I ought to be able to find everything I need when I need it!

 So here's a peek at my next project (or you could also call this "starting another project despite the fact that I haven't finished any others recently!")  I won most of this fabric a couple weeks ago, but wanted to add a bit to it.

 There were two greys in the stack I won (paired with the black and white dots in the picture below.) I decided to pick up another grey (the one on the top of the pile), and a couple of different black and white prints.
 
 The top two prints are new.  I'm not sure I need both greys and black and whites though.  I'll have to see once I get to playing with it.  I may just stick with one or the other.

 One of the blues had purple in it, and I thought it might be nice to add some purples, so I picked up three different fat prints.  I think they really add to the quilt.  This is intended to be a child's quilt using the Lil' Twister ruler.

I absolutely love this print, so I had to buy a few yards.  I'm thinking of using it for the border and backing.  The print really deserves to be used as a huge piece, so a backing is perfect.  I'd love to make a skirt out of this stuff.  Maybe I should have bought a whole bolt - lol.  I seriously LOVE this print. :)

I don't know when I'll get to sew this, but I'm hoping to start it as soon as the bibs are finished.  Of course I have fabric picked out and set aside for at least 4 or more (definitely more) other quilts too, so we'll see if I get to it anytime soon.  I used my store credit to pay for much of this anyway.  Everything other than the black was just fat quarters, and 9 of the pieces are ones I won, so I don't feel too guilty about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment