"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Monday, April 16, 2012

 I had a pretty uneventful weekend.  I did lots of little things like taking the recycling to the recycling center, playing with my boys, and finishing up my taxes.  My husband spent most of Saturday fixing his Dad's snowmachine, and then we put all of them back out in our shed.  I went with him to do that.  I made the mistake of not wearing a coat, and as Springtime in Wyoming often goes, it changed from being a perfectly nice day to snowing and blowing while we were out there.  I was out in it too - trying to keep all the machines running while he opened the shed so we could put them away.  (He put new fuel and stabilizer in them and wanted to run it through the engines before we put them away, so I had to make sure they kept running.)  
Anyway, then we had dinner at his parents house, and by the end of the night every muscle in my body was aching.  I figured it was because I had been shivering and tense.  Then Sunday morning I woke up with a pretty high fever and felt horrible - sore throat, body aches, fever, and congestion.  Ugh.  I stayed home from church all day (these pictures are from Sunday morning, when the baby was so good to entertain himself).  Every time I would try to do something I just got so exhausted I felt like I would collapse.  I wasn't looking forward to dealing with the daycare with a cold.  But to my surprise and great relief, I woke up feeling pretty good today.  I have just a touch of a sore throat and still a little congestion, but I'm not achy or sore and I don't have a fever.
 So on to happier subjects...  The baby has suddenly decided it's okay to play on his belly.  This is a real first.  The other day (Wednesday, maybe?) was the first time ever that he rolled onto his belly in his sleep.  He actually seemed to sleep better that way.  I don't ever put a baby to sleep on his belly because that is supposedly more dangerous, but if he wants to turn that way, that's fine with me.  Now he even plays that way.
 This picture is a little blurry but I had to include it because he has such a great smile in it.
He was so good about playing with all those little plastic animals that he fell asleep on the blanket.  It was the first time ever that our house was quiet (ha- okay that might be a bit of an exaggeration ;)  and he fell asleep in the middle of playing.  He took his morning nap right there on the living room floor.

As for me, I got a lot of rest and also finished the book I've been reading - The Time in Between by Maria Duenas.  It was very good.  I don't usually read fiction, and I picked this one up solely because of the cover, and it was a good read.  The main character is a seamstress and sewing plays a major role throughout the book, so it was perfectly suited to me.  It was a long book though - somewhere around 600 pages.

Today I think it's time to get back to the Spring cleaning I've let slide.  I did manage to sort and re-organize my chest freezer the other day, but nothing else has been done lately.  I had been busy with the taxes and financial stuff.  And on Thursday I took the baby to the pediatrician and got a really good report.  He's up to 15 pounds now and the doctor seems to think his troubles are completely under control and said we could, "treat him like a normal kid" which means we don't have to go back until he turns one!!  We had been visiting the doctor every 2-3-4 weeks since he was born, so this will seem like quite a long break :)  Of course he is still allergic to eggs, dairy, nuts and wheat, but I'm figuring out how to deal with that.  He eats all kinds of foods now.  I had been challenged by not being able to give him cereal or crackers, bread or pasta, but then I found some brown rice pasta in the grocery store and will give that a shot.  That stuff is very pricey - $6 for a pound! - and the eight year old tried to "help out" by making mac and cheese for lunch one day (without permission) and he used most of the bag of the expensive stuff, which I couldn't even salvage because he put velveeta in with the boiling water and noodles.  Yeah.  Big lesson there.  He had permission to make himself Ramen noodles.  So he's in the process of doing $6 worth of chores.  His intentions were good, but...  Anyway, at least there is a little bit left in the bag so I can let the baby try it before investing another $6.  I'm pretty sure he'll like it though.  So far avocados and peas are the only things he doesn't like.  And he'll eat the peas if they're mixed in with sweet potatoes or squash.  Okay, I better get on with my day now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment