"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Relaxing Evening of Fishing

 We finished early this evening in SPARKS club because we didn't have anyone other than our own eight year old show up, so we loaded up the kids and headed to the fishing pond at the park.  The three year old has a new pole that we got for him when my husband and I had our get-away day Monday, and he was excited to get to use it.  But he was more interested in running over to the park to play so he didn't do much fishing.  This is unusual for him because every time we come to the park all he wants to do is go get his fishing pole.  I guess we can't win :)
We hadn't planned on being outside so we didn't have jackets.  It was fine, but got a little chilly before the end of the evening.  I fed the baby his dinner while the other boys fished, then chased the three year old around the playground helping him swing and slide.  It was a nice, relaxing evening.  Then I walked home with the eight and three year olds while Dad took the baby home in the truck (we had the stroller in the back of the truck).  It was dark by the time we got home, and there was a lot to do to get everyone in bed (another bottle for the baby, folding a very large load of laundry, a little cleaning up, changing into sleepers and several stories read... in other words, the usual.)  Now it's 10 pm and I still need a shower.  But I'm glad we went fishing, and I'm glad we walked home.  We've been walking a lot in the evening since it's been nice.  I've heard it is supposed to rain tomorrow, then snow Friday with a chance of snow all next week, and temperatures in the twenties.  I knew it wasn't Spring yet, but it sure has been nice to have a taste of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment