"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Total Exhaustion

 Does this look like a game of hide and seek?  And maybe he's counting?  Nope.  This is, my friends,  what complete exhaustion looks like.  A couple nights ago, I had to run over to our Pastor's house to help him with a computer issue he was having. I left my sweet, capable husband in charge of the three bears boys, and when I got home, the three year old was fast asleep ... like this.  It was mighty quiet in the house.  My dear, sweet husband had also put the baby in bed, and he was asleep too.  And the eight year old had gotten into a bit of arguing with his dad, and had been sent to his room ... where he immediately fell asleep too.  I told my husband he's going to have to stop by during daycare hours *wink*.
 I thought the falling-asleep-with-your-nose-in-the-corner-of-the-chair trick was a one time fluke, but it turns out, it's a popular position for the three year old because last night he did it again after his bath.  He was so tired (as you can probably tell). We've had semi-decent weather here lately so he has been playing outside a lot.  In fact that's all he really wants to do every day.  Add to that the fact that he's at that age where he could still use a nap, but he doesn't want to take one.  It's hit or miss and we just play it day by day, but it is more likely he'll be outside playing during naptime than in his bed napping.  So he's still trying to adjust to less sleep, and by bedtime, he's completely exhausted.  (I can relate - HA).
One more cute picture of him.  The eight year old took this one.  He had been taking pictures of his artwork for his blog, and I looked over and there was this whole photo shoot going on, with all sorts of posing on the part of the three year old. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment