"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Friday, June 1, 2012

Stealth Mode ... or not

 So I got to thinking the other day that I better get to work on my daughter's quilt so she'll have it to take to college.  It kind of hit me like a ton of bricks when she bought her plane ticket for the first part of August, that that's only two short months away... and I still have to find someone to do the long arm quilting in that amount of time too!  I've never had someone quilt for me, but this is a really special quilt and I want it to be just right.  I also got to thinking that I could secretly finish this project while she is at work, take it with me to Colorado when I go to visit my Mom, and have it done there in time to get it back before she flies out.  But that would mean I have roughly three weeks to finish this quilt top.  And I didn't even have all the pieces cut out.

 So while she was at work yesterday, I got everything out and did a bunch of figuring, and came up with how many pieces I would need to cut (two thirds of the pieces are already cut - I just had to do the triangles.)  I even neatly packed up everything before she would be home, trying to be all stealth-like.  Then I got it all out again early this morning - her day off, when I knew she'd want to sleep in - and finished all the cutting.  I had even contacted a quilter in Colorado to arrange to bring it in. 

But then... this morning she gets up (after I had again hidden everything) and tells me she wants to help me with the quilt because she really wants to have it for college.  So I had to confess that I'm already working on it.  I should have known that she would ask about it.  But it's all good.  She's excited, and now she gets some input on the quilting design.  So tomorrow, I'm going to pawn the boys off on their dad... er... I mean, let the boys go fishing, while I get some serious sewing done. :)  It's all good :)

Speaking of the boys, they were into playing football this morning ... and being goofy, which is completely normal - ha. 

(I'm not sure how he managed to turn his head completely around in the helmet, or why, for that matter...)

It was a good Friday.  We picked up prime rib for dinner and watched a few episodes from season one of Psych, and enjoyed the last day off my daughter will have in awhile.  Tomorrow she starts a second job.  We're not going to see much of her this summer :( but at least she's saving up money for college, so things will go smoother when she gets into her classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment