"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Friday, November 8, 2013

A Couple of Funnies

Our kids keep us in stitches.  Tonight, I started singing "I know an old woman who swallowed a fly ... I don't know why she swallowed the fly.  Perhaps she'll die."  The four year old said, "I could eat a fly."  I told him it was not a good idea, then continued on to the second verse, "I know an old woman who swallowed a spider, that wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside her.  She swallowed the spider to catch the fly, but I don't know why she swallowed the fly, perhaps she'll die."  As serious as ever, he said, "She's gonna get sick."  :)

He also happened to find a toy catalog and said, "This is my Christmas!  These are mine!  I can unwrap them."  He was very excited and kept talking about the toys (they were monster trucks) as if he had already received them.  Ahhh, the faith of a child ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment