"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Warm Weather Sledding and a Bunch of Other Fun Stuff

 These pictures are from Monday, but I had Minion cupcakes to discuss then, so we're a little behind.  It was so nice Monday but the boys wanted to sled before the snow all melted.  Can you see the two year old out there barefoot?  He was in such a hurry to join his brothers that he escaped out the door without his coat or shoes before I could catch him.  I let him make one slide down the hill, then dressed him properly :)

 The four year old was the one who decided it was time to sled.  He is the one who wakes up in the morning and sees snow outside and runs for his shoes and coat ... regardless of temperature.

They only made a few runs before they had all the snow used up.


These pictures are from our last big storm (I don't think I've posted these yet, but I could be wrong).  My boys love to be out in the snow even when it's chilly.  They can't wait to be able to sled all the time and make snowmen.





 This little kitty was a favorite toy of my now almost 23 year old son back when he was little.  Now the two year old is loving it.


This was his reaction when I told him it was his brother's old toy.  He hugged it and said, "No!" worried that I was going to take it away.

Dad was off work today so we were hanging out with him.  We stopped at the thrift store, which my kids love.  They always head straight for the toy bin. The four year old was so attached to this scuba mask that he made a point of taking it up to the counter to pay for it himself.

We also went to Alco to return the loveseat cover I had purchased which didn't fit.  The boys found a couple of recliners just their size.

They didn't want to leave them.

On the way home, the two year old spontaneously yelled, "Reach for the sky!" - which came out more like "Reach for duh kie."  We've been watching all the Toy Story movies lately and had found two nice identical Buzz Lightyear toys, so that must have triggered his memory.  It was too cute.

 This guy is such a hoot.  The other day after his Dad had worked all night, I told him we had to be quiet so Daddy could sleep.  He said, "I'm goin' to don't be quiet."  Yep.

 We've also had a ton of legos out lately.  The four year old makes some pretty mind boggling things - mostly airplanes and ships, always with a pilot.

Oh, and this is my new lesson planner.  It was time for a new one, so I ordered one with a little attitude.  I looked around here for a book that would work but it's the wrong season to buy these things.  I found this one on Amazon and was a little leery of buying one when I couldn't see inside.  I'm very pleased though.  It is perfect for what I need... and it was really inexpensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment