"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Friday, November 22, 2013

Bible Reading

Today I watched the National Bible Bee semi-finals online most of the day, while washing laundry and doing other menial tasks trying to get ready to go visit my family for Thanksgiving.  It was so impressive to see the kids reciting their verses.  We have a kid in our church who is there - he qualified for the nationals!  He didn't make it to the semi-final round but still, I'm impressed - especially after seeing how much these kids know. 

 While I was watching, I thought it would be a good time to evaluate where I am with my Bible reading for the year.  I've been reading throughout the year and want to be sure I can add the Bible to my finished stack in December, but I've been using an app most of the year on my phone.  It goes in a chronological order rather than reading from Genesis to Revelation as it appears in the Bible.  I quit using that app half way through the year, so I needed to see exactly what I had not read yet.  I found a checklist online that lists each chapter separately, printed it out, then went through my previous days of reading and marked off the chapters.  The blue copy is for this year (printed on the back too - it folds in half), and I went ahead and printed the pink copy for next year.

Oh and apparently Minions get really thirsty.  Who knew they drink so much? :)

They sure are cuddly guys though - when you can catch up with them.  These guys kept running off on the two year old's feet.  Good thing I got him some slippers for Christmas.  They're not minions though since they don't come that small.  Hopefully they'll be good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment