"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

November Reading

Well, it sure felt like I read more than four books this month.  I guess with the holiday vacation week in there I didn't get as far as I thought.  I have a couple other books I'm about halfway through with too, so that didn't help.  I've really been trying to stick with only reading one at a time this year.

Anyway here's what I read in November.  When I took the photo at the library I messed up the order of the books.  The middle two should be switched around. (I always stack them in the order read, with the bottom being the first read and the top being the most recent finish).

1. Allegiant by Veronica Roth - this was the final in a trilogy I never would have read had it not been for an online book club.  I enjoyed the first one, the second wasn't great and the third I only read because it tied everything up.  It has pretty negative reviews but I think it's because people didn't care for the ending.  It was better than the second book, but nothing special.
2. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer - This is one of my favorite books.  I read it a year ago, then again this month because it was our library's daytime book club pick.  We even changed our book club name to match it (minus the potato peel pie ... though there was some discussion of Rocky Mountain oysters, which I think we're better off without ;)
3. A Mountain of Crumbs by Elena Gorokhova - This was another book club pick - our library's evening club. We're trying to read books from authors from different countries, who write about their country.  It's a fun club.  This book was only average though - a solid "meh."
4. An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth by Col. Chris Hadfield.  This is definitely one of the most inspiring books I've ever read.  Talk about focus.  Read the book.  My favorite quote from the book - "There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." :)  There are parts that drag a bit but overall, it's very inspiring.

November stats -
Total inches - 6
Total pages - 1,406
Total books - 4

Year to date stats -
Total inches - 80 3/4
Total pages - 20,464
Total books - 66

No comments:

Post a Comment