"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Friday, December 20, 2013

Saturday Night Christmas Parade

 Last Saturday night the boys and I loaded up and headed to the Christmas parade.  Most of my parade pictures didn't turn out, but I had to include this Mater truck.  This was the 4H float.  My nine year old could have been on it but he decided it was too cold and he would rather get candy.

After the parade our library always hosts a Christmas craft party for the kids.  They have cookies and hot chocolate and lots of craft stations for the kids.  It's a blast.

First the boys painted Christmas houses.

 They painted them and then added "snow" to the rooftops.

The two year old painted himself too... and my arm.  Glad they use washable paint.


We also did Shrinky Dinks.  They had pieces that had been stamped with Christmas scenes and pieces that were blank.  They also provided several pictures you could put your shrinky dink paper on and trace over.  We just drew our own.

I forgot that these look shiny from the other side.  I should have drawn my picture backwards.  Oh well.

The nine year old drew an elk in the mountains.  That's his latest obsession. :) 

 Here's the two year old's house.  He did the painting himself and sprinkled the snow on after I put glue on the roof.

 This is the one the five year old made.

 And here's the nine year old's.  He added a deer to the yard.  They had trees and deer and I couldn't convince the younger boys to put them on.  The parade starts pretty late and I had forgotten about it until the last minute.  I actually had to pull the two year old out of bed to go to it.  He ended up sleeping through the parade.

 These were supposed to be elves.  They are pretty cute.  This one was the five year old's creation.  See the yellow body?  He told me he was making a minion.

This is the nine year old's.  It has all the accessories and he followed the directions, so this is what they were supposed to look like.

This was supposed to be the two year old's but I ended up putting most of it together because he just wasn't into it.

The younger boys also made pinecone trees.  The one with snow is the two year old's.  The one without is the five year old's.

We had so much fun at the party.  I always look forward to the craft night.  They do a really good job at having staff there to help and having plenty of supplies.  And the hot chocolate was amazing.  I just wish I had thought ahead and brought some of the two year old's cookies along.  They didn't have anything he could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment